Monday, January 22, 2007

Go Bearcats!

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070122/SPT0101/301220051

Here's an interesting article on the future of the Shoemaker Center. I love the Shoemaker Center. It's a place that brings me many great memories. And I love the fact that the Bearcats have an 86% winning percentage in the 17 years its been in existence.

But I agree with Mike Thomas in thinking that a new arena would be nice. I feel bad for the people up in the second level. Some of those seats can't be that great.

I really like Thomas' mentality that he wants students closer to the floor to breathe down the ref's necks. He wants to create a place that is intimidating for other teams to play in, and while I believe that is the case now, moving students closer to the court would increase that.

I think that we need to get back on a winning track and win back some of the fans that were lost with the departure of Huggins. But I believe with all my heart that that will happen, and once that does I think that a new arena would be great.

No comments: